Saturday, July 6, 2013

GoTask Scrum Software

After a number of false starts I decided this time will be different.  I'm going all out with a development plan and weekly or bi-weekly sprints.  I'm using GoTask - agile software of the iOS that allows you to create backlogs, develop sprints, and review progress.

For my first sprint I selected 10 story points of work and completed 18 in a week.  Specifically I elected the following tasks:

  • Install Unity
  • Research Unity training courses
  • Install Pixen
  • Research Pixel Art training courses
  • Research JavaScript training courses
  • Link Macbook to Dropbox so that I can save files remotely
Unfortunately GoTask does not seem to let you create Epics and it's causing trouble with much larger tasks like JavaScript training.

I'll work it out.  For now, I've completed Sprint 1 and am now all set up to get started.

I have a tendency to get bored quickly, so my plan is to bounce between Pixel Art, Unity and JavaScript as needed to keep things interesting.

First up, I'll be starting with "So you want to be a Pixel Artist."

No comments:

Post a Comment